Friday, October 15, 2010

Ideas to make it through

I have found that it is getting harder to not spend money. Sometimes I am really iching to make an impulse buy. I know that I shouldn't but it is so hard. It also is really hard to think about the whole month and how to gauge what I should and shouldn't spend for the whole month, so I thought of something that I think will work better. Since I know how much we need to spend to spend half of what we normally do I can cut that in half again and just think about it for two weeks. I can do that. Two weeks isn't hard. I can prepare myself and think of what we are doing in the next two weeks. And if I really want something but it will put us over I only have to wait two weeks until I can get it. I think it sounds good. Hopefully it will work.

Something else I wanted to share was that I just got a whole new wardrobe, for free. I went to a clothing swap and there were so many things there that I ended up coming home with a ton of clothes, not just for me but for my daughter, husband, sisters, mom, brothers, and niece and nephews. I was so thrilled. I know a couple areas that do a clothing swap and I think it is such a great idea. I really want to pull a group of people together to do it again.

How it could work if you choose to do it with friends is set a time that you will do it (maybe once or twice a year), then let your old clothing pile up and when it is time for the swap, the amount of things you donate is how much you can take with you. At the end if there is still more, anyone can take what ever is left. If there is still anything left over donate it to a thrift store. That way if you have changed sizes or just gotten tired of a certain shirt you can switch it up. Everyone benefits and you aren't loosing anything because they are clothes you were getting rid of anyways. If anyone tries this I really want to know how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. we did that before in our ward and it was really successful. Thanks again for picking up some good finds for us! I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete